Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services (FMS)
- What is FMS and why the change? FMS stands for Financial Management Services.
Individuals with disabilities who self-direct the care they receive in their own
home will partner with an FMS provider so that the FMS provider may assist the individual
with administrative functions and information and assistance regarding independent
living in the state of Kansas. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid requires Kansas
to change the payroll provider process across the state to FMS.
- What is self-direction? Self-direction is when an individual with a disability
is responsible for the personal attendant services they receive in their own home.
Responsibilities of the individual receiving services include selecting, hiring,
training, scheduling and terminating the personal attendant.
- How can the FMS department of Three Rivers Inc. serve my needs? Three Rivers
Inc. is committed to helping individuals with disabilities maintain their independence
in the community. There are many ways to ensure this occurs. Three Rivers has staff
committed to ensuring your FMS needs are met. We do this by providing the following
- Information & Assistance: Providing information and assistance to ensure
you understand the rights and responsibilities involving self-direction; identifying
and accessing services, supports and resources; skills training; other services/supports
individually tailored to meet your needs. (This list is not all-inclusive).
- Administrative support: Providing all inclusive services to ensure the timely
and accurate payment of wages to the personal attendant(s) you employ.
- Trained, knowledgeable staff: The Three Rivers’ FMS department has more than
108 years of combined financial and disability rights experience and training.
- What waivers/programs does Three Rivers Inc. provide FMS services for? Three
Rivers provides FMS services for the following:
- Frail, Elderly Waiver
- Mental Retardation/Developmental Disability Waiver
- Older Americans Act
- Physical Disability Waiver
- Private Insurance and Private Pay
- Senior Care Act
- Traumatic Brain Injury Waiver
- Technology Assisted Waiver
- Veteran’s Administration
- What Kansas counties does Three Rivers provide services in? Three Rivers can
provide FMS services in all 105 counties.
- Why should I choose Three Rivers Inc. as my FMS provider over another FMS provider? Three Rivers Inc. has been providing services to individuals with disabilities since
1985. It is the mission of Three Rivers to promote the self-reliance of individuals
with disabilities through education, advocacy, training, and support. Additionally,
we are a non-profit, 501(c)(3).
- Who do I contact for more information about Three Rivers’ FMS services? You may
contact our Self-Direct Service Advocate, Jean Butler, by calling toll-free 800-555-3994
X 109 or emailing to email@example.com.
- How do I sign up for Three Rivers to become my FMS provider? Making the change
to Three Rivers Inc. is as easy as contacting your current Case Manager and telling
them you want Three Rivers as your FMS provider. By selecting Three Rivers as your
FMS provider it will not affect the services/supports you receive from your Case
Financial Management Service (FMS)
Staff Contact Information
Sage, Personal Attendant Liaison
Phone: 785-456-9915 X 109 or 785-456-8573 (Direct line)
Fax: 785-456-9923 or 785-456-6784
Chris, Financial Management Service (FMS) Assistant
Phone: 785-456-9915 X 114
Deanna, Senior Accountant
Phone: 785-456-9915 X 108
Jean, Self-Direct Service Advocate
Phone: 785-456-9915 X 109
Karen, Accounting Assistant
Phone: 785-456-9915 X 189